Fingrid is the electricity transmission system operator in Finland. Fingrid takes care of the functioning of the nation-wide electricity transmission system.
We transmit electricity from generating plants to industries and energy companies, thus facilitating the everyday life of all Finns. We maintain the transmission system in the proper condition and upgrade the grid as required by the electricity market. We take care of the cross-border interconnections for electricity transmission. We promote the functioning of the electricity market by maintaining sufficient transmission connections between countries.
Public limited company
- Established on 29 November 1996
- Operations started on 1 September 1997
- Owns the high-voltage transmission grid in Finland plus all significant cross-border connections
- Approx. 14,000 km of transmission lines
- More than 100 substations
- Customers comprise electricity producers, electricity market parties, major industrial enterprises, and distribution network operators
- Independent and impartial player
- Forerunner which is among the top-ranking companies in its business globally in terms of cost efficiency and system security